Diabetes and Diet Tips

Saturday, January 14, 2006

May the Force Be With You....

Fatty Diets Linked to Type 2 Diabetes: "December 28, 2005 � Scientists say they've found out how a high-fat diet can trigger Type 2 diabetes. Their report is in the journal Cell.
Researchers have long assumed that many genes go awry in diabetes. But scientists in California and Japan say they've found one of the key genes. It's called GNT4A. It's responsible for making an enzyme that the pancreas needs to sense blood sugar. When blood sugar rises after a meal, the pancreas releases insulin. That allows the sugar to be used for energy or stored."

R2D2, Cp3O and now GNT4A.... what causes them to go to the dark side?

2 Comments:

  • Hello, I like to contact you! My name is JM.Hanf,
    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about diabetes information I have found your site.
    I was looking out for diabetes information related information. Sorry, I have see that your May the Force Be With You.... isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

    By Blogger NewsBlogger, at 11:54 AM  

  • Nice blog JM.Hanf. Your posts were interesting reading. If you are diabetic or know someone who is, with Medicare or other private insurance, you can get a GLUCOSE METER ($70 value) and additional FREE diabetic supplies delivered to your home with FREE shipping. Just complete a SIMPLE 3-step profile to see if you qualify. Follow this child diabetes link and GOOD HEALTH to you :)

    By Anonymous diabetes treatment, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home